|Grant Scheme for Low Income Housing|
As part of the ELIH Med project, MIEMA is organising a grant scheme for energy efficiency improvements in low income households.
You may download the application form here.
The Malta Intelligent Energy Management Agency (MIEMA) is a partner in the ELIH-Med project which is part-funded through the EU MED programme.
Through this project, MIEMA is responsible for undertaking the refurbishment of a number of households occupied by low-income individuals or families, with the aim of improving the energy efficiency of such households.
MIEMA will be offering grants to eligible households for this purpose.
2. Maximum Value of Grant
The maximum value of each grant is €7,000. MIEMA will cover 90% of costs of equipment and works, while the beneficiary will be required to finance the remaining 10% of the costs through one of the following options:
3. Eligibility Criteria
In order to qualify for this scheme, the following criteria must be met:
4. Possible measures
Energy efficiency measures which can be undertaken through this scheme include:
5. Closing date for applications
Applications must reach the MIEMA Offices by 17h00 of Friday 15th June 2012.
6. Selection process
The objective of this scheme is to achieve the maximum possible energy efficiency gains and reduction in energy consumption. In order to achieve this aim, selection of beneficiaries will not be on a first-come first-served basis but applications will be evaluated and assigned points according to a number of criteria. The most highly-ranked applications will be selected for funding.
Applicants must agree to the following conditions:
1. The applicant agrees to allow consultants to enter the premises to conduct a study of energy consumption and propose interventions.
2. The applicant must cooperate with MIEMA and their consultants to assess energy consumption before and after the interventions over a period of approximately one year.
o Application Form properly filled in
o Copy of Energy Benefit Scheme voucher
o If you own the roof, please provide a plan or at least a hand-drawn sketch of the roof with approximate dimensions.